July 18, 2020
Bemidji State Football's annual War on the Shore fishing tournament returns to the Lake Bemidji chain of lakes on July 18, 2020. Compete with fellow fishing enthusiasts for cash prizes and other merchandise. The tournament is open to the public. All proceeds support the Bemidji State football program.
Use the online form to register your team (up to three people per boat) or the dinner and social at The Tavern on South Shore following the tournament.
Schedule of Events
- 8:15 a.m. - rules meeting and livewell check at Chet Anderson Stadium. Boats must be in the water and beached in front of the stadium.
- 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - tournament time
- 4:30 p.m. - happy hour, dinner and silent auction at The Tavern on South Shore
- 5:30 p.m. - award ceremony and live auction
- Boats must be launched in Lake Bemidji and must reach other approved lakes by boat. They may not launch directly into other lakes. Participants can fish the following lakes as part of the tournament:
- Lake Bemidji
- Stump Lake
- Lake Irving
- Carr Lake
- Lake Marquette
- Lake Plantagenet
- Tournament is catch-and-release only. Participants must use the iCatch application (will be provided to participants) to photograph and record the length of fish. Each photo must include a special BSU Football item that will be provided upon check-in
- Eligible species are walleye and northern pike
- Rankings will be determined by the longest 7 walleyes and largest 3 northern pike per boat
- Prizes awarded based on total length of 10 fish (7 walleyes and 3 northern pike) per boat
- 1st place - $1,000
- 2nd place - $500
- 3rd place - $250
- Other prizes to be announced