David Park House
Built in 1936-37 by prominent Bemidji businessman David Park, owner of the largest creamery in the Bemidji area at the time, the 5,326 square-foot Park House was designed by architect Edward K. Mahlum and painstakingly built from mostly poured concrete.
The house was listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 1988 and sold to the BSU Foundation in 1992.
Next door to the David Park House sits an equally impressive home that houses approximately half of BSU’s Alumni & Foundation staff.
Previously owned by the late BSU professor Dr. Philip Sauer and his wife, Elizabeth, the Sauer family donated the house to the university and the Sauer House has been home to the BSU Alumni Association since 2004.